Projects within the Valparaiso Lakes Area Conservancy District and projects for LAC Utilities.
CONSERVANCY PROJECTS (2016)
The Board of Directors for VLACD has chosen these projects for 2016:
1) The chimney spraying of sanitary sewer manholes to reduce the infiltration of surface water into the sanitary sewers. Money budgeted: $20,000. PROJECT COMPLETED.
2) The replacement of the Island Road Lift Station controls and pumps. Bid came in at $48,928. PROJECT COMPLETED.
3) The remodeling of the office at 1805 Burlington Beach Road. Bid came in at $264,350. WORK IN PROGRESS.
4) The building of a new storage structure. Bid came in at $94,100. PROJECT COMPLETED.
5) The installation of a forced sewer main on 70 E. ANNEXATION IN PROGRESS; CONSTRUCTION PLANS BEING DESIGNED.
6) The installation of a short storm sewer on Flamingo Road. Approximate cost of materials: $2,700. Labor by LAC Utilities. PROJECT ON TEMPORARY HOLD.
7) The installation of a loop in the water system from Walden Subdivision to Claussen Lane. Very early estimate from engineers: $151,000. EASEMENTS ARE UNDER CONSIDERATION.